The Law Offices of Michael D. Payne is a small law firm specializing in personal injury litigation. Mr. Payne has kept the firm small in order to provide the highest quality legal service to clients.
We are dedicated to giving clients the best possible legal representation.
Mchael D. Payne is a small law firm specializing in personal injury litigation. Mr. Payne has kept the firm small in order to provide the highest quality legal service to clients.
We are dedicated to giving clients the best possible legal representation. We strive to develop a strong attorney client foundation built upon principles of trust, integrity and hard work. This ideal allows us to best serve our clients needs and allows us to obtain the best results on behalf of our clients.
We recognize the need to provide a voice to the voiceless and have made it a priority to defend and protect the rights of those harmed and powerless.
So whether we are taking on a corporation who has harmed a consumer, a health care provider who has injured a child during child birth or an insurance company whose driver has caused catastrophic injuries in a car accident, our sole goal is to find justice for our clients.
For the first 10 years of his practice Mr. Payne represented insurance companies on matters from personal injury cases to professional liability cases.
After more than 25 years of practice as an attorney Mr. Payne has won thousands of personal injury, truck accident, car accident, bar fights and negligent security, excessive force/assault and battery, medical malpractice, slip and fall, uber accident, dog bite and other injury cases on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Payne holds membership in the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, the Consumer Attorneys of California, the American Bar Association, the John M.
Langston Bar Association, the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, the National Bar Association, the Million Dollar Advocates Fourm, Lawyers of Distinction and the State Bar of California. In 2017 he was listed in the TopVerdict list of the Top 100 Verdicts in California.
Mr. Payne has served as a legal commentator for media on several high-profile cases in the Los Angeles area including the People v. O.J. Simpson. He has also appeared on international media outlets which include Fox, Telemundo, MSNBC, CNN and the
Larry King Show. He was intimately involved in the inquiry into the death of Dr. Donda West, mother to rapper/hip hop artist Kanye West and represented the late Rodney King during the latter years of his life. Mr. Payne has served as both an arbitrator and Judge Pro Tem in Los Angeles and San Bernardino County. Mr. Payne has received numerous commendations from the County Board of Supervisors, city officials and various State Assemblymen and U.S. Congressmen.
Current Employment Position
- Los Angeles, Judge Pro Tem
San Bernardino County, Judge Pro Tem
Los Angeles, Arbitrator
San Bernardino County, Arbitrator
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- California, 1992
U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1992
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys-10 Best Attorneys-Exceptional and
- Outstanding Client Service Award
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff
- TopVerdict Top 100 Verdicts -California
- AVVO – Client Choice Award
- Best Attorneys of America
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Black Lawyers
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Lawyers of Distinction Award-Recognizing Excellence In Personal Injury Law
- Wrongful Death Verdict- $6,750,000
Premises Liability/Medical Malpractice Settlement-$3,897,000
Car Accident Settlement-$625,000
Medical Malpractice Verdict-$400,000
Investigation Into the Death of Dr. Donda West Mother To Hip Hop Artist Kanye West
- State Bar of California, Member
- United State District Court, Central District
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- San Gabriel Valley Bar Association, Member
- Western San Bernardino County Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association, Los Angeles, Member
- John M. Langston Bar Association, Los Angeles, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- National Bar Association, Member